Rubber & Plastics
Plastic resins and additives continue to be on the forefront of advances in light-weighting from heavier metals to plastic. The auto industry has embraced this trend for years, and it will continue to influence how all products are manufactured.
Along with improved product designs, engineers will work with molders and resins suppliers to customize special formulations that meet the specific needs of projects. The adoption of Manufacturing IoT is on the rise, as companies are seeking more real-time information about production generated by data taken directly from their machines.
Key ERP system features to evaluate for this industry include:
- Shop Floor Visibility & Production Tracking
- Production Scheduling and Capacity Planning
- PLC & Machine Integration
- Quality and Supply Chain Management
- Lot Traceability
- Tooling Management
- Preventive Maintenance
- Engineering Change Management
- Electronic Document Management
- Barcode and OEM Shipping Labels
- EDI Capability