Today’s metal fabrication shop is typically a mixed bag of technologies, ranging from older mechanical stamping presses and related equipment to
modern, automated robotic cells and everything in between. CNC machining, metal stamping, and welding have long been known as down and dirty manufacturing. These companies are manufacturing to the core, and productivity and efficiency is the name of the game.
An ERP with a strong shop floor capability is critical for evaluating OEE, scrap rates, downtime codes, and many other productivity killers. Manufacturing at rate is critical to maintaining production schedules and maximizing capacity utilization.
Key ERP system features to evaluate for this industry include:
- Shop Floor Visibility & Production Tracking
- Production Scheduling and Capacity Planning
- PLC & Machine Integration
- Quality and Supply Chain Management
- Heat & Lot Traceability
- Tooling Management
- Preventive Maintenance
- Engineering Change Management
- Electronic Document Management
- Barcode and OEM Shipping Labels
- EDI Capability
Follow us on: